Friday 20 June 2014

Quilled Hairclips!


Hi Everybody!!
Howz it going??? I hope this would be the last time I say this, but sorry for the delay but my damn computer with its damn internet connection and my damn laziness...(too many damns!) Whatever!! let it be!

so, I made these hair clips day before yesterday! And here they go!!


The Butterfly: The first hair-clip I made! I added a pretty orange butterfly on top of it. And btw, this isn't me.She is my very sweet neighbor doing her second grade who agreed to come here for this pic!!


The purple flower: In this hair clip I just added a small simple purple coloured flower...I wanted to make a pair for this...but I ran out of quilling paper!!




The neons:  I made a tight coil with neon pink and green strips!! I feel it looks amazing!!




The red people: The two other simple red clips I made...

TUTORIAL!!

Step 1: Get hariclips! Experiment with many shapes, sizes,colours etc!


Step 2:  This is the most fun step of all!! Let out your creativity and experiment with many designs!! Quill it...and don't forget to stick the ends!!!


Step 3: Stick your quilled shape to the hair clip using a hot glue gun, nothing else works!! I tried with fevicol, but after it dried I opened the clip and my butterfly started flying! I also tried fevicryl handicraft glue and the craft glue by fevicol. nothing worked! I am not very sure about superglue,  I think it would work.And don't forget to let it dry 100%


Step 5: And thats it!! You are done with your hairclip!!!


If you like these hairclips and the tutorial definitely give it a +1! I will try my best to post 4-5 times a week!!Next time I will come up with something new!
Don't forget to let me know which is your favorite hairclip 1,2,3, 4 or 5! And if you have not yet liked my facebook page or my g+ I have the links down here


Bye for now!!!
Keep Quilling!
Subasri

No comments: